Medicare Supplement Plan MMedigap Plan M features similar benefits to other supplements, however it offers a lower premium in return for you paying part of your Original Medicare deductibles.
What does Medigap Plan M cover?Medicare Supplement Plan M covers:
- Medicare Part A hospital and coinsurance costs for up to a year after Original Medicare benefits are used up
- Part A hospice care coinsurance and copayments
- Medicare Part B coinsurance and copayments
- First three pints of blood for a medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
- 50% of Medicare Part A’s deductible
- 80% of approved costs for foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)
Medicare Supplement Plan M cost-sharingBy sharing 50% of the cost of Medicare Part A’s deductible and paying Part B’s deductible ($185 in 2019), you will notice that Medigap Plan M’s premium is lower than some of the more comprehensive supplements. A licensed Medicare agent at Bobby Brock Insurance can help you decide what Medicare supplement would be better suited for your budget and healthcare needs.
Guaranteed issue Medicare Supplement insurance
If you are interested in enrolling in any Medigap policy, you should consider enrolling during your six-month open enrollment period. This window begins on the first day of the month that you are age 65 or over and enrolled in Medicare Part B. During this open enrollment, you are usually guaranteed eligible to enroll in any medicare supplement insurance plan even if you have pre-existing health conditions. You will also not be charged a higher premium for any pre-existing health conditions. The only condition is you have to be enrolled in Original Medicare.
However, you are able to apply for a Medicare Supplement plan at any time. If you are interested in having your Medicare cost-sharing at least partially covered, or even fully covered, a licensed Medicare agent at Bobby Brock Insurance can help you find a plan that fits your budget and health care needs!