Medicare Supplement Plan L
Medigap Plan L not only covers a percentage of your out-of-pocket expenses left over by Original Medicare, but it also features an annual out-of-pocket maximum limit of $2,780 (in 2019).
Plan L is only one of two Medicare Supplement insurance policies that feature this out-of-pocket limit. Because of this popular feature and lower premiums, it may be worth the extra cost-sharing for Medicare beneficiaries.
What does Medigap Plan L cover?Along with the out-of-pocket maximum ($2,780 in 2019), Medicare Supplement Plan L also features 75% coverage of these benefits:
- Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment
- Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment
- Medicare Part A deductible
- First three pints of blood used in a medical procedure
- Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance
Medicare Supplement Plan L out-of-pocket costsUnder Plan L, you’ll pay some out-of-pocket costs associated with Medicare. These costs could be:
- Medicare Part B deductible
- Medicare Part B excess charges
- Foreign travel emergency